Ho Seng Giap
+65 6730 6068
[download contact to address book]
LL.B. (Hons.), Bristol
Grad. Dip. Sing. Law, NUS
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Corporate Law, Banking Law, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
“This was self-created many years ago and which I always abide by even today:
Win, lose or draw is one matter, as long as the result wasn’t for the lack of effort.”
As TIC’s primary Partner-in-charge of the firm’s banking litigation portfolio, Seng Giap has expanded the firm’s banking practice since 2010 and now serves various banks and financial institutions, handling and advising on matters relating to credit cards, consumer loans, business loans, hire purchases and share/securities trading accounts.
From Debt Recovery to Criminal Cases
Prior to entering the sphere of private practice, Seng Giap received his legal education at the University of Bristol, during which he first joined Tito Isaac & Co LLP as an intern during the summer holidays of 2005 and 2006. He was already exposed to an array of civil and criminal matters, assisting the partners and other associates in numerous debt recovery actions and criminal mentions, including assisting in the preparation of a petition for clemency to the President of Singapore. He also obtained a Graduate Diploma in Singapore Law from the National University of Singapore and, upon completion of his pupillage at TIC, was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in May 2009.
Since 2014, Seng Giap has also expanded TIC’s corporate practice department, having it appointed to the panel of solicitors for a well-known local entity (listed on the Singapore Exchange) in the Food & Beverage industry along with its various subsidiaries, whilst also advising and directly handling the client’s litigious matters.
Notable Work & Accolades
- On behalf of a foreign client, Seng Giap worked alongside Managing Partner Tito in securing urgent injunctive relief for assets worth some S$1 billion
- Civil trials aside, Seng Giap has argued arguing applications relating to seeking summary judgment, discovery of documents, setting aside of default judgments, seeking peremptory orders (and defending applications for the same), post-judgment enforcement proceedings such as Garnishee orders and Examination of Judgment Debtors, as well as Bankruptcy proceedings
- He has also been involved in Companies’ Winding-up applications, having successfully obtained several winding-up order against defaulting judgment debtors on behalf of local clients
- In 2010, Seng Giap was lead defence counsel in a criminal trial at the Subordinate Courts
- He also took on the role of lead defence counsel in a case pertaining to the field of construction and renovation claims in the State Courts in 2012
How may we help you?With a responsive team of 30 lawyers, your case is safe in our hands.
LLP Reg. No. T07LL1728C | GST Reg. No. M9-0359250-C
We are a Limited Liability Law Partnership registered in Singapore under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act (Chapter 153A).