Leong Kum Kwok
Head, Real Estate Practice
+65 6730 6066
LL.B. (Hons.), Singapore
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Banking & Finance. Property Law: Land Rights, Development, Leases, Sales.
HEAD, REAL ESTATE PRACTICE
Leong Kum Kwok is a Senior Partner of the firm and heads the firm’s Real Estate Practice. He leads a team with a depth of experience in all property-related legal issues, from the sale and purchase of residential and commercial properties to landlord and tenant disputes.
LEGAL SERVICE APPOINTMENTS
Kum Kwok graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Singapore in 1979. Thereafter, he served in the Singapore Legal Service for more than 3 years holding various appointments such as Assistant Director of Legal Aid, Senior Assistant Registrar of Titles & Deeds and Deputy Controller of Residential Property. He was called to Singapore Bar in 1982.
40 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN BANKING, FINACE AND PROPERTY LAW
Kum Kwok has vast experience in banking, finance and property laws having practised principally in those areas for 40 years.
CLIENTS HAVE INCLUDED THE SINGAPORE GOVERNMENT AND FOREIGN CORPORATIONS
His clients include private individuals, local and foreign corporations, developers and financial institutions. Kum Kwok’s vast experience has put him in good stead to be appointed to act for the government of Singapore, Minister for Finance and some statutory bodies.
Some of the major cases Kum Kwok has handled include:
- Advising the LTA on land rights and title of various parties in several integrated MRT stations/light train stations/bus depots;
- Acting for the CAAS on matters relating to the development of the Low Cost Terminal, tender sale of airport land, development and lease of a hotel at the airport;
- Acting for SLF in the commercial development at Marina Boulevard and in AMK and leases of units in the shopping hub in AMK;
- Acting for the owners in a REITS sale of a factory and leaseback;
- Acting for the Government of Singapore in the sale of a major commercial/office building in Orchard Road with a transactional value of more than S$830 million; and
- Acting for the Minister for Finance in the sale of the common property to residents in a housing development at Marine Parade Road.
IN THE MEDIA
(SAL Web site)
(The Straits Times)
You & The Law
(TV & Radio)
How may we help you?With a responsive team of 30 lawyers, your case is safe in our hands.
LLP Reg. No. T07LL1728C | GST Reg. No. M9-0359250-C
We are a Limited Liability Law Partnership registered in Singapore under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act (Chapter 153A).