Civil and Commercial Litigation
Hariz’s main areas of practice extend to civil and commercial litigation. He also has acted for and advised clients in diverse areas of law including bankruptcy, insolvency, employment, professional negligence and shareholders disputes and also has experience in criminal litigation.
As a graduate of the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree in June 2013, Hariz was subsequently called to the Singapore Bar and admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in September 2014. After completing his training and practicing with other local firms, Hariz proudly joined TIC’s ranks in January of 2017.
Hariz finds practising law to be a challenging pursuit, and one that affects all aspects of daily life. Outside of work, he is also a member of the Law Society of Singapore’s Sports Committee and part of their football team.
Notable Work & Accolades
- Represented the liquidator of a Singaporean company in an action against its former director for breach of directors’ duties and fraudulent trading amounting to approximately S$8 million.
- Represented a former tenant of a major shopping centre in a claim by the landlord for breach of landlord covenants relating to pest control
- Represented the investors to a subscription bond in the High Court in their claim against the company and its sole director for breach of trust and misappropriation of investment monies amounting to approximately S$6 million.
- Acted for a Singapore company in the High Court in respect of a claim by a Thai company on allegedly unpaid invoices, which involved issues of fraud by the former partners of a related company.
- Acted for a former director to restore a Singapore company which had been struck off in order to commence a claim against the other former directors.
– Vince Lombardi
IN THE MEDIA
(The Straits Times)
You & The Law
(TV & Radio)