Kevin Cheng brings to the table much expertise in the areas of contractual and commercial disputes, contentious probate matters, defamation, insolvency, property and tenancy disputes, criminal matters (particularly in commercial crime), and making applications on behalf of deputies under the Mental Capacity Act.
As a graduate of the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law in 2013, Kevin also holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree as well as a Master of Arts Degree. As a former Head of Department in the field of Education, Kevin chose to switch to practicing law as he is fascinated by how the hard rationality of the law, when tempered by compassion and morality, may be applied to serve the common good.
After completing his training at a leading litigation firm and practicing general litigation for the next 3 and half years, Kevin joined TIC’s ranks in March of 2018.
Notable Work & Accolades
- Kevin represented a private company in a million dollar claim against a defaulting retail company and successfully resolving the counterclaim from the same by way of settlement.
- Has represented property owners in successfully obtaining a declaration on an equitable share of multimillion-dollar property that belonged to them and disgorged the defendant of said share through court proceedings leading up to the Court of Appeal.
- Performed successful mediation and settlement for beneficiaries to a will. He was able to assist them in obtaining leave of the High Court to take up legal action on behalf of the deceased’s estate against parties, who were unjustly enriched from the same.
- Has also represented company in negotiations with various former employee claimants with regard to sizeable remuneration claims and successfully staving off their claims without having the claimants commence legal proceedings.
- Represented an employee of a statutory board against a charge under the Official Secrets Act, eventually reducing the sentence to a monetary fine.
– J.R.R. Tolkien