A seasoned litigator with two decades of courtroom experience
As Managing Partner of the firm, Tito consults in numerous aspects of the law, with a significant part of his practice dedicated to the area of litigation. With extensive trial and appellate litigation experience in criminal, commercial and civil cases, Tito has also been involved in litigious matters in conveyancing and Property Law, which include applying for the specific performance of contracts for the purchase of property, as well as repossessions and foreclosures.
As a graduate of the University of Leeds and a Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn) in the United Kingdom, Tito was called to the English Bar in 1994 and subsequently the Singapore Bar in 1995. He also attained a Graduate Certification in International Arbitration, topping his cohort in the process. Before establishing Tito Isaac & Co LLP, Tito started as a Legal Officer and Military Prosecutor with the Legal Service Commission, and subsequently joined the firm Nathan Isaac & Co. After leaving in 1998, he formed the Ng Isaac Partnership and thereafter, established Tito Isaac & Co on the 2nd of August 1999. The Firm has since converted to a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) with effect from 1 January 2008, operating under the name Tito Isaac & Co LLP.
Local and Regional Work
His esteemed role as managing partner sees Tito acting and advising in various matters both locally and in the region. As advisor for one of Singapore’s largest Inland Transport and Construction company, Tito deals with issues arising from Guarantees to Financial Institutions and proceedings, obtaining and executing injunctive relief. Recently, TIC’s managing partner has also acted for foreign clients and has applied for, argued and successfully obtained urgent injunctive relief in respect of assets valued in the region of S$1 billion.
Notable Work & Accolades
- Tito has advised on the merits and acted for a large Information Technology Company on Letters of Credit and matters arising from the incorporation and use of the UCP along with duties and responsibilities existing between issuing and confirming banks.
- He has appeared as Lead Counsel before the Court of Appeal on behalf of a long-standing client of the Firm, on a question of law involving the continued viability or otherwise of a common law claim (against our client) for personal injuries when our client had undergone and completed a Scheme of Arrangement pursuant to Section 210 of the Companies Act.
- A Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators and the President of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Award Writing Winner in 2005.
- Bestowed role of Senior Teaching Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Legal Education in August 2011. This was made in recognition of his voluntary contributions as an adjunct instructor in the postgraduate legal education of new lawyers in Singapore.
- A member of the Panel of Arbitrators for the Law Society Arbitration Scheme and Pro Bono Arbitration Scheme since 2013. His appointment to the panel was recently renewed for another 3-year term from 1st August 2016 to 31st July 2019.
- Honorary Advisor to the Singapore Crane Association.
- Re-appointed as a Member of the Patron Dispute Committee of the Casino Regulatory Authority for the year 2014. He is also one of two Alternate Chairmen for the Committee.
- Independent director of two listed companies on the Singapore Exchange.
- In December 2008, Tito received the 10-Year Appreciation Award from the Ministry of Law, Singapore.
- In August 2012, he received an Appreciation Award from the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Republic of Korea.
- In November 2012, he received the 15-Year Appreciation Award from the Ministry of Law, Singapore.
- Member, Executive Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Treasurer, Law Society of Singapore
- Appointed to the ‘Law Society Neutral Evaluation & Determination Scheme’ (LSNEDS) Panel of Neutrals, since 15 August 2018.