+65 6730 6011
LL.B (Hons.), Leeds
Grad Cert Int’t Arb
FSIArb (Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators)
Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn)
Advocate & Solicitor (Singapore)
Litigation: Commercial, Criminal, Civil. Arbitration: Domestic & International. Mediation. Property: Contracts, Repossessions, Foreclosures. Defence & Aircraft, Transport & Construction, Oil & Gas, Start-ups & Fintech, Hospitality, F&B, Retail, Healthcare, Government & Public Works. Corporate, M&As, Regulatory Licences.
For assistance, please contact
Mr Isaac’s PA: Ms Lisa Nay Kyar Win Lei
+65 6730 6011
- Tito Isaac founded Tito Isaac & Co LLP in 1999 in a small shophouse. In 20 years, the Firm has grown from a one-man practice to a sizable enterprise comprising a team of 30 lawyers and over 40 support staff offering a full suite of services.
- Tito’s aim in creating the Firm was to build an organisation which focused on the client where a good generalist lawyer with a broad spectrum of knowledge could guide said client in various matters without leaving any legal aspect untended. As a strong believer in the legal process and the justice system, Tito envisions the Firm to be an avenue for people to get a just and fair outcome within the system.
- As Managing Partner of the firm, Tito consults in numerous aspects of the law, with a significant part of his practice dedicated to the area of litigation. Tito is a seasoned litigator with extensive trial and appellate litigation experience in commercial, criminal and civil cases. Tito has also been involved in litigious matters in Property Law, which include applying for the specific performance of contracts as well as repossessions and foreclosures.
- An award winning Arbitrator, Tito has acted as counsel in matters involving both domestic and international arbitration. His mediation skills have been validated by his appointment as a Master Mediator by Singapore’s Ministry of Law. Passionate about these forms of Alternate Dispute Resolution, Tito views Singapore as a great arbitration centre, especially in its growth and development and the services that it provides.
- In his free time, Tito spends time with his family, travelling, cycling and walking the dog. He also enjoys a good game of golf.
Educational Background & Qualifications
- University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 1993
Bachelor of Laws with Honours
- Gray’s Inn, United Kingdom, 1994
- Admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court, Singapore, 1995
- National University of Singapore, 2005
Graduate Diploma in International Arbitration
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Notary Public
- Tito started his professional life as a Legal Officer and Military Prosecutor with the Legal Service Commission, and subsequently joined the firm Nathan Isaac & Co. After leaving in 1998, he formed the Ng Isaac Partnership and thereafter, established Tito Isaac & Co on the 2nd of August 1999. The Firm became Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) on 1 January 2008, operating under the name Tito Isaac & Co LLP.
- As a former Legal Officer in the Ministry of Defence, Singapore, Tito is familiar with issues concerning the defence industry. He has rendered legal advice to various defence contractors within the ASEAN region (ie. Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei) and Europe.
- Tito has amassed skill and acumen in concluding contracts for his clients in the defence industry and continues to remain a trusted and recognised escrow agent in significant defence aircraft maintenance contracts.
Corporate Commercial Matters
- Tito and his team provide strong corporate law support to clients in a variety of industries and markets including SMEs, aviation, oil and gas, Startup and Fintech, hospitality, F&B, retail, healthcare, government and public works as well as matters with a regional and ASEAN dimension.
- Tito has also acted for parties from various parts of the world in mergers and acquisition transactions for the acquisition of businesses and the application of regulatory licenses.
Local and Cross-Border Injunctions
- Tito acts and advises in various matters both locally and regionally. As advisor for one of Singapore’s largest Inland Transport and Construction companies, Tito deals with issues arising from Guarantees to Financial Institutions and proceedings for obtaining and executing injunctive relief.
- Tito also acts for foreign clients. In one particular foreign matter, Tito successfully applied for, argued and obtained urgent injunctive relief in respect of assets valued in the region of S$1 billion.
Arbitration and Mediation
- A fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, Tito is dedicated to this form of Alternate Dispute Resolution.
- He has acted as counsel in matters involving both domestic and international arbitration. Significant experiences include acting as counsel for a South-East Asian rice monopoly in an arbitration in the early 2000s.
- Tito has not only acted in arbitral disputes, he has also served as an arbitrator in various disputes – next to Federal judges in Sri Lanka and also as an arbitrator in ad hoc arbitrations.
- In recognition of his extensive experience, the Law Society of Singapore has appointed Tito to their Panel of Arbitrators on the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee.
- One of the founding members of International Institute of Mediators (iiM), Tito was appointed a Master Mediator by the Ministry of Law in Singapore in 2010.
- Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Ministry of Law, Singapore
Master Mediator (2010-2015)
- Singapore Institute of Legal Education, (SILE)
Senior Teaching Fellow / Facilitator, 2011- Present
- Casino Regulatory Authority (CRA) 2014-2019
One of two alternate Chairmen, Patron Dispute Committee, CRA
- ‘Law Society Neutral Evaluation & Determination Scheme’ (LSNEDS) Panel of Neutrals, 2018- Present
- Singapore Crane Association (Present)
- ASEAN Law Association (Present)
● Law Society of Singapore
o Vice-President, 2020 – present
o Treasurer, 2018-2019
o Member, Executive Committee, 2016 to present.
o Member of the Panel of Arbitrators for the Law Society Arbitration Scheme and Pro Bono Arbitration Scheme since 2013.
● Independent director, New Wave Holdings, 2006-present
● Independent director, CPH Ltd, 2006-present
● Independent director, Hiap Tong Corporation Ltd, 2017- present
● Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Singapore
o Awarded the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators’ President’s Prize for Award Drafting, 2005
● Republic of Korea
o Appreciation Award from the Minister of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Republic of Korea in 2012.
● Ministry of Law, Singapore
o Received 10- and 15-year Appreciation Awards in 2008 and 2013 respectively.
Why Tito Isaac & Co LLP?
“We have consistently supported our clients as they have grown – by growing ourselves – and as a larger firm, we are proud of the increased presence we have at the Singapore Bar. It was a conscious decision on our part to grow the Firm with the right kind of people – people who are not just bright legal minds but those who put a premium on honesty, teamwork, compassion and integrity. I can say with utmost confidence that my team and I will help you with anything you are concerned with. We will make your problem ours, and therefore we will not offer cookie cutter solutions; we will look at each problem and offer tailor-made solutions to each matter.”
IN THE MEDIA
(SAL Web site)
(The Straits Times)
You & The Law
(TV & Radio)
How may we help you?
LLP Reg. No. T07LL1728C | GST Reg. No. M9-0359250-C
We are a Limited Liability Law Partnership registered in Singapore under the Limited Liability Partnerships Act (Chapter 153A).